Quick Disclaimer: The honest truth is, I really am not cut-out for blogging. I am probably the world's worst at keeping up with these kinds of things. On top of that, I swear my computer absolutely hates online journaling. Every time I even think about writing something up, my computer I end up deleting it and find myself very frustrated (and often pounding my fist into the couch and kicking my feet) because I've just lost 2 hours worth of writing. It really is ridiculous. I'm sure many of you are probably wondering,"why in the world then, have you started this blog, Calli?" and the answer is, I'm unemployed very committed to staying in touch with friends and family that Dylan and I cherish. That's the truth- all jokes aside, we DO love you and we DO want to stay in touch! BUT, please promise me that you won't hold it against me if you don't see another post until Christmas.
Now that's out of the way, here's a brief update on the Christensons! We arrived safely to Austin last Thursday and are slowly settling in. We have unpacked almost all of our boxes and we're really enjoying our new place. Our move-in was very easy and almost flawless...something we are very thankful for! We've found all the essentials near by, like a grocery store, gas station, wallgreens, container store and r.e.i.:) These places have kept us company. My parents left on Sunday after helping us move for the past couple of weeks...now that it's been just the two of us in the house for almost a week, things are rather quiet! It's also a very odd to have an urge to run to Target (or fro-yo) but have no idea how to get there. Because we tend to be "go go go" people, this will be an adjustment for us, but we're excited to explore and discover this new place together.
Austin is beautiful! So far we are enjoying the city, the scenery, and the people. My goal is to find a job as soon as possible and we'd also really like to find a church community to become a part of as soon as we can. We are optimistic about this even though it is stretching for us. And yes, in case you're wondering, it is HOT here. Oddly enough, the locals don't seem to mind. People walk their dogs, bike ride and run in this heat! Fortunately (for us, not the city) Austin is in a drought and so it's more dry than usual and hasn't been as bad as we anticipated. However, we did get a downpour today (and when I say downpour, I mean a thunderstorm like I haven't seen in years) so that could change things a bit:) We've quickly adjusted to life with air conditioning and are ignoring the fact that our first energy bill will arrive in a little less than a month...
And for the most important part of this post: Dylan started classes on Wednesday! On Tuesday night we had the opportunity to attend "gone to texas", the annual kick-off ceremony for the school year. This was quite an experience, and needless to say, dylan is now informed on all of the traditions of the school, including the school song "the eyes of texas are upon you":). So far classes have been good and typical of what he expected ... big classes, lots and lots of students, and rigorous coursework. And so unlike his wife, dylan self-admitted today that he LOVES the early mornings on UT's campus. Because dylan takes the bus to campus, he leaves the house very early (like at an ungodly hour of early). I asked him why he loved the mornings so much and he told me because there's so few people and it's so cool and peaceful... I love this because UT has 50,000 plus students and my husband, Mr. Dylan Christenson, is one of 5 students on campus by 7:04am. Ah, makes me proud:)
We plan to keep in touch on this blog... I'm feeling optimistic that I made it through my first post successfully! Love you guys! We're so thankful for your prayers and support. Lots of love from austin!
UT tower lit burnt orange for the start of the school year
and one more of my man
5 comments:
Love the blog sister. Something I've never enjoyed doing myself.. proud of you. The house is cute, not quite sure about the attire or hand signal though. I feel slightly betrayed, like it's almost hard to look at the pictures of D. Love him though, don't get my wrong. Crew and I hope to visit soon. Love you.
I love what you've done with the place! Hope you guys are enjoying your new digs! Dylan, I have to say, you look so uncomfortable in that last picture...let me help you. Your thumb is way too mashed so just pop it out. Your little finger looks like it's about to cramp so curl it down real tight. Now!! Dosen't that feel better????? Love you!:)
Life in Texas is grand. Once you find your way to Target, next stop needs to be down the road to Lockhart which is home to two of the best BBQ joints in Texas, Smitty's and Kruetz Market. Hey I'll come join you for that one. Any excusse now to go to Austin is valid. Love ya,
Hey, hey. Place looks nice guys. Woodsy. Maybe instead of getting a dog you could just adopt a deer.
This was, for lack of a better word, AWESOME! I love this :) Your house looks so cozy and cute!! I love the new furniture also! I cannot wait to see you and Dyl! It sounds like you are adjusting really well. All you need to do is find a yogurt place and things will feel like normal gain! I love you and Dylan VERY much and miss you a lot. Austin is really excited to see you both as well! :) LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment