Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Very Soon...

I've sat down several times in the last week to write about my thoughts on Haiti...  I can't do it.  I don't know why, but I can not get the emotions and feelings I have in my brain out and in to writing.  It's a really odd and frustrating feeling.  But, I don't feel like I can write about anything else until I write about Haiti...

I've followed several families for the past year or so who are in the process of adopting from Haiti.  Even though I don't know many of these families personally, I feel very much emotionally tied to their stories in many ways.  Adoption has always been something that I've been passionate about and had a lot of questions about, but following the journey of bringing these kids home has really impacted me, especially in light of the recent crisis.  I could say a lot more...but I can't write much more...

I know of the Iveys through a church here in Austin.  Aaron is a gifted musician and wrote this song for Amos.  Amos is their son, who they're waiting to bring home... very soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...