Is it just me or do you ever have those mornings when you wake up energized and sure you're going to save the world? I mean, not literally save the world, of course, but energized enough that you feel confident you can do anything... And just picturing yourself accomplishing these millions of things that are running through your head makes you happy and that much more confident that you really can get it all done. There's been plenty of days I've woken up and truly believed I was going to sew curtains (even though I don't own a sewing machine), bake like three pies, clean out my garage, read a good book, plant a garden, wash my car and then get a week's worth of dinners made and
into the freezer.
And then, it never fails...just about the time my husband walks in the door for the evening, I'm halfway through my first pie and most of the time I break down and sob or something pathetic like that... Anyone feeling me on this? Anyone? I have completely digressed, but the point is: today was one of those days.
I woke up firmly believing I was going to spring clean my entire house, floor to ceiling; clean out my pantries and closets, sort through all my clothes and make a goodwill run, flip my mattresses, etc. Well, I'll just put it this way: after a number of circumstances kept me from even starting my projects til 2pm, I found myself barely getting through making a batch of muffins, loading the dishwasher and wiping off my kitchen counters, AND I WAS DONE. I felt like I had just pushed a big-rig over the grapevine and the only thing going through my mind was "Maid Service, please." And to top it off, the muffins tasted like dirt. Yes, just one of those days...
On a much happier note though, our baby boy is healthy and growing!! ... and so am I. Let's just say, this could get real comical before it's all over folks. But the important thing is that our boy is healthy and whole and growing every day:) We've been blessed by amazing friends and family who have showered us generously during this season. We really could not be more thankful, humbled, and genuinely grateful for so much support. We are blessed. We can not believe that we only have about 11 more weeks to go... holy cow. We're so excited and ready for him to be here but also kind of freaking out that he will be here in just about two more months... whoa. And with that, can someone please get me a bowl of ice cream?!?!
The Christenson household is anything but boring these days. We've got a lot of stuff on the burner right now, but I'll save that for another post. And yes, that's a shameless plug, begging you to keep reading my blog.
And last but not least, I know this is random, but can someone please tell me who this Justin Bieber kid is? I feel so totally old.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Bieber is this 16 year old R&B artist with man bangs who gives me the creeps
Oh Calli, your day sounds like a typical India day ha. I'm sooo glad to know I'm not the only one who wakes up and thinks she'll get a million things accomplished, but then the day starts at 2pm and my hopes are shattered. Wish we lived in Texas to bake dirt muffins together and keep each other company!
Sister
Although your day was not the most productive, most exciting, most uplifting day... I, along with your great hubby and everyone else that has the blessing of knowing you, think you are amazing :)
Dont worry the small stuff! You can accomplish anything you want... just take it one small step at a time.
OH, and Justin Bieber is the next Usher/Justin Timberlake.. errr a mix of the both. Right now, he sounds more like Miley Cyrus.
Yay! A blog update from Calli! :)
Too funny about Justin Bieber... I didn't know who he was either. Just saw him as the guest on SNL the other week, and I agree with your other friend who says he gives her the creeps!
Toootally understand those kinds of days! Ya make your list, start off with the best intentions, but at the end of the day only have one or two things crossed off. I think we have all been there! :) I can't wait to see pics of the baby room when you have it all finished!
Can't believe he'll be here so soon!! Praying that you guys have the smoothest transition possible into parenthood, and that you feel great and have super high energy levels to get all your other to-do's done!
<3, Ellen
Oh Calli, I wish I could blog like you! I so so so relate to all you say but you put it into words so much better than I do! We miss you guys too much :( Hope you are feeling great, take it easy the next 10 weeks, you have to save up as much energy as you can! The week before I had Addie I got this "supernatural" burst of energy and cooked and cleaned the entire week...then I had her. I have heard it from a lot of people that right before the baby comes you get an energy burst to prepare everything, I look forward to reading your blog that week ;) Love you guys!! PS - How did Dylan feel about me winning the March Madness bracket? Pretty Awesome if I do say so myself :)
Post a Comment