Monday, February 7, 2011

A Weekend with the Cooks



We just returned from a fantastic weekend with our dear friends, Tex & Cori.  It's good for the soul to be with people who know you well and love you even still, who can pick up with you right where you left off, and can laugh with you until you cry.  Tex and Cori are some of those people for us.  We're college friends from back in the day at our beloved VU.  Dylan and Tex lived in a van together for a summer and have been kindred spirits since.  And I feel like I've been friends with Cori my whole life, even though our friendship really picked up after college.  We had such a refreshing few days in beautiful Denver with the two of them and enjoyed every minute of it.  We also had a special treat on  Saturday when James Burley came up to visit.  James is another great friend and we thoroughly enjoyed learning about kilning and hops spending some quality time with him.

For those of you wondering...yes, these are reese's puffs
The only picture I got, just Cori and I, the entire weekend.  Classy.


We did quite a bit over the weekend but I didn't happen to pull out my camera until our tour of the Coors Brewery... so the majority of the pictures from the weekend include us drinking beer... go figure.  And of course, Dylan and I had one of our most shining moments as parents as we carried our seven month child through the brewery tour.

I guess we got what we were asking for when we sat down in the tasting room and Samuel somehow got a hold of a full glass on our table and turned it right over.  Clean-up at the irresponsible parent's table, please.  And if that wasn't bad enough, we happened to leave his heavy coat at the Cook's house for the day, and it just happened to snow like 400 inches while we were out.  Our only option was to wrap our child in Dylan's jacket.  You can just imagine the stares we were getting...  Yes, all shining moments on the parent-front.  Character-building, I suppose. 

Add caption

Does this look real?  I didn't think so.  This is our attempt at a scenery picture.  Does it count that we took it indoors?


None-the-less, Denver stole our hearts (with the help of the Cooks)!  Love you, Tex and Cori!  Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Jess said...

What a fun visit!! I know how you felt about taking Sam through a brewery, we did the same thing with Joel's brother and sister in law a few months ago! The joys of parenthood!
The five of you are awesome people! What a blast that you were able to get together and hang out!!

Ellen said...

Love it! We hung out this weekend with some friends who have a 14-month-old son. His dad gave him a (very small) sip of Corona while holding him... well 10 minutes later we look over at him eating his applesauce at the table, and he's scooping it up into his mouth with a beer bottle cap!! No idea how he got a hold of it. The mom wasn't too happy about it of course, but we all had a good laugh :)

Michael Cook said...

What more can I say ... I freakin love you guys and am so blessed to have such rad friends. Thanks for making the trip out - we can't wait to come visit you in good'ol West Texas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...