Well, almost anyways.
1. My most sincere apology for keeping Wills at the top of the blog for so long. It really wasn't intentional, I promise. After a subtle hint from my husband to "please take Prince Albert off the blog", I decided it was time. An no, that's not a typo... Dylan can't ever remember his name and continues to question why it's such a big deal that Prince Edward got married.
2. Samuel is our little fish... loving the water and being outside. He's doused in something like 150spf zinc oxide sunscreen in this picture and that's why he looks so pasty white. Or maybe he just has his mama's skin. Ok, fine, the latter is a little more accurate.
3. Dylan finished another semester and all of us are so thankful for a little break. He's working full-time on research this summer but at least there is no homework! We're really enjoying having our evenings together again. And in other big schooling news, it appears that Dyl will graduate a little earlier than we initially anticipated. He will complete his Master's in December. All along we've been planning for May of 2012 and thought he'd probably stay on for his PhD. We're now reconsidering. Although we've made no official decisions of any kind, our friends in Cali are job searching for us back that way and our family in Texas seems to be doing the same for us in the Lone Star state (we feel so loved:)). We have no idea what the future holds. We're prayerfully considering our next steps.
4. Samuel has finally gotten some teeth. I was honestly worried for a few months. It seemed like every kid we met, that was even remotely close to his age, had a mouth full of teeth. I began to really believe my child was born without teeth. I even had a dream about him going to Kindergarten with no teeth! Thankfully, those pearly whites have recently decided to make their appearance in the last few weeks and we're getting alot of this face....
5. Speaking of teeth, Samuel loves pumpernickel bread. And by loving, I mean he seriously mows through it. As in a whole loaf last week. I've pulled back on giving him as much this week but he seriously cries for it and it is the ONLY thing he will use sign language for (and for the record, we don't use sign much), which tells me he really, really likes it. I love ice cream, my child loves pumpernickel bread. Go figure.
6. So, for some reason when we were living in Austin and I had very little going on in my life, and happened to be six months pregnant will full-on baby brain, I made the decision to plan my ten year high school reunion. The funny thing is, I knew I was getting into something I would regret, but I just kept volunteering and kept taking steps to get it planned. Are you crazy?!? YES, I AM!! Don't get me wrong, I really loved high school and have some great memories and really good friends from those days, but why on earth I decided to plan our reunion is beyond me. We're about three weeks out and I kind of feel like I'm planning my wedding again, I just care a lot less about how it will all come together and who will show up. I've learned a few things through this planning process... A. the only thing people care about at a ten year reunion is alcohol. B. don't volunteer to help with the 20...just attend and enjoy. With that being said, I am looking forward to seeing many old class mates I haven't seen in years and I do think it's going to be a lot of fun. BUT, I'll be ok when it's over.
7. The really anal part of me hates that I don't have a 7, 8, or 9... but for the life of me, I can't come up with anything else to write about, so I'll just skip to the best news of the last few week...
10. Someone is going to have a new cousin... that would be Samuel:) YAY!! My sister is pregnant with Baby Dearing, due January 2012:) We are so excited!! Bring on the babies!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment