First stop, my ten year high school reunion. I think a few weeks ago I mentioned how my excitement about the reunion was dwindling as the big weekend approached. I did, indeed, feel like I was planning a wedding all over again; just way less concerned with how many people were going to show up and if the event would run on schedule. Let me remind you: I volunteered to plan my reunion when I was about 4 months pregnant, living in Austin, and totally bored out of my mind. Even though that little voice in the back of my head kept telling me "don't do it", some other voice (pregnancy brain) convinced me that it was a good idea. BAD IDEA. Anyways, for those of you who have had anything to do with planning an event of a high school reunion sort, you know that convincing people to volunteer their time to help plan is almost impossible. And seriously, when we're talking about a ten year reunion, most people are either too busy or could not care less (except for me. thank you.) Anyways, I owe my life to a few
We celebrated Dylan's birthday, my dad's birthday and father's day over the course of 3 months... I mean, a weekend. But seriously, we went out to eat so many times and had so many gatherings that it felt like we had celebrated for years. Even the birthday dudes were celebrated out. However, if there is anyone worth celebrating, it is indeed my husband. So, happy bday again Dylan, a few days late:) Twenty-eight never looked so good!
And now for a big update that I've had up my sleeve for quite some time now... going public is scary! My stomach seriously feels kind of queasy right now even though I know there are only 11 of you that read this blog and half of you are family members, but still, this is scary. I am very proud to announce that I have launched my own business, CLC College Prep Services. It is, without a doubt, God's ice cream sundae to me during this season of life. For over a year now I've prayerfully asked for a career that would allow me to operate in my strengths and use my professional experience, while also allowing me to be a stay-at-home mom to Sam. I've learned that I have this career side to me that is so vital to who I am as an individual. I enjoy a challenge and love love love working with people. I would not trade my opportunity to be at home with Samuel for anything, but something that pushes me to get out of my pjs in the morning is always appreciated. Anyways, long story short, the Lord dropped this business idea into my (our) lap and I've been running at full speed ever since. I am in the process of getting my certificate in educational consulting, and in a nutshell, I work with high school students as they work through the college admission process and prepare for college. It's so perfect for me that it's almost unreal, and the response I've gotten from families and schools has been overwhelming. I have no doubt that this is what I'm suppose to be doing and I love it. So, if you will, check out the website www.clccollegeprep.com (and remember, it's in process and more importantly, I'm sensitive:)) You'll notice that "we" is used a lot on the site and that's because I hired Dylan. Ha...ha... that's only sort of a joke. I solicited his expertise in the area of test prep. For those of you who know him, you know this is one of his many, many gifts. We actually just completed our first test prep course for a group of local students and it was awesome... better than we ever imagined! I'd really appreciate it if you'd be willing to like us on facebook and/or follow us on twitter. You would be doing us a great favor:) We spent 4th of July weekend with my parents in Santa Fe, NM. We enjoyed a little downtime, hung out by the pool, ate really well and took in the eclectic town that Santa Fe is. Sam enjoyed his first experience in a splash park and also got his first pair of "big boy shoes". Did I mention that Samuel has decided it's time to walk? It's true. New shoes were definitely in order.
And finally, dum da dum! SAMUEL IS ONE!!
We celebrated with a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party and had way, way too much fun. I'll leave you with this one photo, but don't worry, there will be many, many more very soon!









1 comment:
Congrats! What an awesome biz idea! So happy for you!
Post a Comment