Hi, there! I'm back from my very unplanned blogging hiatus. Rather than trying to catch up on the last few months, it feels much more manageable to just pick up with today. I'm sure I'll go back in time and post a few updates from the time we've missed, but for now, here's the latest.
Samuel is newly obsessed with bikes. Dylan and I aren't avid bike-riders or anything but Dylan does have a bike that sits in our garage. Believe it or not, when we lived in Austin he got a lot of use out of it, but not so much in our current habitat. Anyways, this bike has sat in our garage for several months but just recently Samuel noticed it leaning against the wall... AND IT'S BEEN ALL OVER SINCE THAT DAY. We can not walk into our garage without Sam begging to touch daddy's bike. Recently he decided that just touching the bike was not enough and that sitting on the bike is a much better fix. And he wants to sit there for hours. You can imagine how wonderful this is when we're
running late to church on our way to church on Sunday mornings and Sam goes hysterical to sit on dad's bike. He fights getting in the car like it's full of spiders that will eat him. On top of all this, it's been really cold here lately, and Sam's had a cold, so the likelihood of getting out for a bike ride has been rather bleak. But this past weekend I reached my breaking point. My sister has a trailer that I thought might appease Sam's longings and so we borrowed it. I was right. Thank Jesus for such a loving and willing husband who will bike our child around in the freezing cold. The high was 45 degrees this weekend but I didn't care. I put Sam in his snow bibs and loaded him up in the trailer (it does have a weather shield that goes over the front... I'm not that irresponsible... or desperate). Dylan took him on two really long rides and Sam was the happiest kid in the world. We now take a bike ride each night when daddy gets home; it is definitely the highlight of our day (and by "our", I mean both mine and Sam's).
Now if we could only help him understand that he can't eat and sleep in the bike trailer, we'd be good.
1 comment:
Glad you're back to blogging... we've missed it! Nana
Post a Comment