Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recently

It's 10:22pm on Sunday night and I'm sitting at home alone while Dylan is on campus working on a project. My house is upside down, I have a ton of laundry and dishes to do and I should probably be working on job applications. But of course, since I am such a responsible individual and prioritize my time so well these days, I am BLOGGING instead. Obviously, a very responsible choice.

It's been a while since my last post and we've had some action around the Christenson house recently. Let's see... I guess a good place to start would be picking up where I left off, and that leaves me at the Minnesota Twins. "Yankee" is a bad word in this house...and that's all I'll say about that (If I was a horrible wife, I would post a video I secretly got of Dylan watching the final game. It is a very entertaining clip. But because the wound is still fresh, I'll refrain. check back soon though... You're welcome, honey.)

In other happenings, we have a rodent problem. The other day I was getting ready in the bathroom and I heard something scratching on the wall. I was sure a mouse was hiding behind our toilet and so I calmly called for dylan (this is a stretch...i actually screamed so loud I'm sure our neighbors contemplated calling the authorities, and then ran into the living room and jumped on the nearest piece of furniture to get both my feet off the ground). Dylan quickly came to my "rescue" and I could hear him doing jackie chan moves on this animal, followed by the toilet flushing. Come to find out, it wasn't a mouse. It was a GIANT COCKROACH...the size of a mouse. Next on the to do list - call exterminator.

We continue to enjoy the Texas football games and we're beginning to feel like true fans. Here are a couple of recent game shots...yes, that is the texas flag and yes, they do stretch it across the field like that at every game. I know, i know!












We were in Lubbock two weekends in a row. I went to spend a few days with my family and also had a baby shower I helped host for a high school friend, and dylan was sweet enough to join me for both weekends I was there. We managed to squeeze in a little activity while in Lubbock:) Here is a great photo i snapped of crew in his beanie that I crocheted for him:) and one I got of him playing on the other side of the window from me. The rain hasn't let up much here in Austin, but it's always nice in between the rainfall because the deer are everywhere. Here's a fun shot we got when we were driving out of our place one afternoon. Sorry it is blurry...I didn't want to scare the deer (and by that, I mean, I didn't want to roll down my window and get wet).

Well, I guess that's enough for this night. I suppose I should get to that laundry...right:)

Lots of love from Austin!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...