Samuel came home from the hospital almost three weeks ago and we've enjoyed a full house of company since. My mom was here for a couple of weeks and Dylan's parents headed back to California this morning. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the wonderful meals, keeping our house clean, doing our laundry and keeping us company! We are so thankful for great parents and siblings who have been with us during this time. And now that everyone is gone, it's just us...just the three of us:)
Samuel is currently napping on his daddy's chest - the place where both of them are the most happy. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is playing on our pandora station and it really does kind of feel like we're in a dream or a movie or something. It's still a little unreal that we have our own baby. But, oh my gosh, we're in love. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful boy who happens to be pretty mellow and quite the eater (gained two pounds this week, thank you:)). He is a joy. We've enjoyed some wonderful outings since he's been home, including a trip to California Pizza Kitchen, Kirby Lane Cafe, Rudy's BBQ, and P Terry's Burgers (yes, this may be why he's such a good eater...). Samuel is also learning to love the outdoors, thanks to his Nana and Papa Bruce Christenson taking him on strolls outside, almost daily, while they were here visiting. And of course, I can't fail to mention what a great shopper he is, as he spent a whole day out on the town with Gigi and mama. But don't be alarmed, we are also enjoying lots of quiet time at home, as well:)
Kisses from Gigi
Story time with Nana
I am recovering well from my c-section although it's been more challenging than I ever imagined it would be. Because I wasn't planning on a c-section, I had to mentally and emotionally wrap my brain around a lot in a really short amount of time. It was quite the experience, to say the least... I'm still processing through a lot of it. But one thing is certain - I could not have survived without Dylan. What an amazing man I married. He is my hero... and I'm not being dramatic. I really mean that:)
Speaking of Dylan and the amazing man I married, we celebrated our three year anniversary on the 14th. It's hard to believe that three years have passed ... some days we feel like we've only been married a few months and other days it feels like years (all in a good way, of course:)) We never though we'd be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary with our baby, but it could not be more perfect. Like I've mentioned before, good thing we're not the ones planning any of this. It would not be near as much fun... or entertaining.
Our wedding day 2007...complete with our closest friends and family. What a memorable day that was:)
And celebrating our anniversary in 2010...just the three of us at breakfast:)
And speaking of entertaining, the Christensons have another big update: We're pregnant! (JUST KIDDING... so not funny, I know... sorry.) Actually, we're moving... again. I know, you think we're crazy. But seriously, who are we kidding... we are crazy! But it sure does make life interesting. There's so much that's gone in to this decision, but we've decided that a move to Lubbock and a transfer to Texas Tech is the best choice for our family for this season. Dylan has been offered generous financial aid and opportunities with Texas Tech's engineering program that we just can't pass up. And the opportunity to live closer to family has become much more important to us now that Samuel is here. So, we're saying goodbye to Austin and making the trek to Lubbock. We definitely have some mixed emotions about this move, but overall, we know this is just one more step we're suppose to take on this journey... Oh, the crazy twists and turns of this journey:) I'm sure I'll have much more to write about concerning this move as my husband and mother pack my house while I sit and do very little in the next few weeks. Stayed tuned because that's likely to be very entertaining. And again, because my blog humor has a tendency to confuse people, let me reiterate... I am not pregnant.
I think that about sums it up for now....lots of family, celebrating, and enjoying our boy these days! We count our blessings often, sit and stare at Samuel a lot, and often talk about how awesome he is. We're bound to be some of "those parents", but right now, we're ok with that:) Mostly, we're just thankful and blessed. Our life is good.
And to close my first official blog as a mom, I think it's fitting to include a video of my son. Samuel has the best faces when he's waking up from his naps and this captures a few of those. He looks like this every time he wakes up. Adorable.
4 comments:
Come on, admit it. The real reason you are moving is so you can change your blog title to Lots of Love from Lubbock.
congrats you guys and best wishes on the move...you are going to LOVE being by your mom. My mom helps me SO MUCH! It is the only way I have any time to do stuff! Samuel is so cute!
holy smokes! thanks for sharing that video!
Calli---Thanks for sharing your joy to be a mom! It is super refreshing! It made me want to go get preggos right now so we can have a kid of our own. I am so so happy for the two of you. I seriously think little Samuel is as blessed as the two of you!
Post a Comment