I'm learning that time passes by far too quickly.
I'm learning that contentment is the greatest gift you can give yourself.
I'm learning that there isn't anything much better than rocking your baby to sleep.
I'm learning that it is okay if I burn the cookies every once in a while, never lose those last ten pounds, rarely catch up on the laundry and don't make the bed everyday.
I'm learning that there is far more to life than the house I live in, the car I drive or the clothes I wear, how much money I have in the bank, my political orientation, or the church I attend.
I'm learning that it is okay to respond with "I'm a mom" when people ask me what I do.
I'm learning that happiness is a choice. Every single day.
I'm learning that it's okay to remember the past but it's not okay to hold on to it without moving forward.
I'm learning that people-pleasing is often paralyzing.
I'm learning that God really does hear our prayers but we don't always get what we ask for. And He's still good.
I'm learning that most of the things my mom told me growing up were right.
I'm learning that it's okay to not meet all of my goals.
I'm learning that a good marriage takes a lot of work.
I'm learning just how young I really am and how much I have to learn.
I'm learning how good of a husband I've got.
I'm learning that deep, deep down inside of me there is an artistic soul that is screaming to come out and play.
I'm learning that you can do everything right and your kids might still mess up. And that's okay.
I'm learning that imperfect people are more enjoyable to be around.
I'm learning that it's the little things that make life so great; like laughter, giving to others, a good cup of coffee, sitting down for a meal with the whole family, listening to grandparents tell stories, kissing my husband goodnight and telling my baby a story.
So, friends, what are you learning? Tell me.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Im learning how to earn my spot in life and that nothing in life worth having comes without hard work and responsibility.
P.S--I love your new blog look. Did you have those pictures taken professionally or with your camera? I like them!! I need some with Austin like that.
I wanted to "like" every comment. I love the new look too!! I'm learning that physical pain is often necessary to get us to slow down and truly focus on Jesus.
Thank you for sharing. What you are learning was very encouraging for me.
Thanks Brooke
Post a Comment