Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Something Fallish

I had an itch to make something "fallish" today and just didn't have the time (or the hands:)) to make anything elaborate.  So, I began my search for something a little more simple and settled on this pumpkin butter recipe...and I must say, it's pretty tasty!  I took the recipe from this great food blog.  I met Julia a few years ago when I took one of her cooking classes and Dylan also worked with her husband in youth ministry back at our church in Orange County.  Anyways, I love her stuff and thought I'd share the SUPER easy recipe:)  It makes a lot but can go on just about anything.  I halved the recipe and thought it was just the right amount.  Also, because I'm a cinnamon-nut, I added a little extra:)  I suggest trying it on peanut butter...so good!


Pumpkin Butter (thanks Julia!)
1 can of pumpkin (29oz)
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp all spice

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over med/high heat and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 mins, stirring frequently.  Let cool and store in an airtight container.  Done!

3 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds delicious!!I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for the great recipe idea!!

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

i'll be honest...i thought this said "something fallic" at first glance, and i was concerned both for your spelling and your morality.

Calli said...

Emily, you kill me! ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...