Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another Random Post

Happy November, friends!  I know I sound like a broken record, but how the heck it is already November?  Wasn't it just June?

***

Poop is following me everywhere.  Seriously.  I smell Samuel's poop all the time and most of the time it's NOT REAL.  It's PHANTOM POOP, ya'll.  It doesn't matter where I'm at or if my child is with me or not, I always smell a dirty diaper.  And no, it's not on my clothes or in my hair... I thought that at first too.  And then I started asking Dylan if he could smell it and usually his answer was "no".  It's just a bad joke my brain plays on me.  Maybe I'm going crazy or maybe it just comes with the territory of "mom".  Regardless, I suffer from PPS, phantom poop syndrome.  All my friends out there, yet to have kids - these are the things you get to look forward to:)

***

Thanks to one of my dearest friends, Keturah, (who knows me oh so well and sent me this as a gift) I'm reading this book. 
And it is changing my life... for good.  I don't know about you, but who wouldn't read a book with a half eaten cupcake on the front of it??  That alone was enough for me to give it a shot.  And second, if "Thoughts on change, grace and learning the hard way" doesn't scream CALLI, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR YOU!, I'm not sure what does.  I highly recommend this read. Thank you, K! 

***

Speaking of changing my life, check out this article on my alma mater.   Vanguard is a very unique place and holds so many special memories for me.  In honor of this month of November, I'm thankful for Vanguard and for the way it shaped me.  I'm thankful for the great education it gave me, for the great friends it gave me, for how it opened my eyes to so much in this world and I'm so very thankful that it gave me Dylan:)  Vanguard, you're the best.
And this is us somewhere on campus back in the day.
***

Happy November!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://dylanandcallichristenson.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@Primroseschools.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...