Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Sister's Wedding and Merry Christmas

I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and eating leftover wedding cake.  It's a lot like the beginning of Father of the Bride, when George Banks is still in his wedding tux and giving us a recap after the grand event of his daughter's wedding .  I feel a lot like George today, minus it being my daughter that got married and minus me owning a bangin' tennis shoe company and minus me living in that glorious home that he lives in.  But if George and I were to sit down and have a good chat today, I think we'd have a lot in common to talk about.

Blogging has taken a backseat to wedding planning over the the last couple of months... actually, everything has pretty much taken a backseat to wedding planning.  But this last week was wonderful as we celebrated Thanksgiving together with family and as I watched my sister walk down the aisle to the love of her life.  It was a lot of fun to see it all come together (not to fool you... with just a little bit of stress involved, too) after a few short months of planning.  I could not be more thrilled for my sister. The day was beautiful and Linds was absolutely stunning. 

Sam and Beau and Crew were also quite stunning ...



And believe it or not, we have been up to a few other things aside from just wedding planning around here.  Things like chewing on our toes,
  making a little extra cash playing poker, 
taking baths in the sink,

and packing for long trips in Trader Joe's grocery bags (who does this? I'll let you guess...)  :)

And now I suppose it only appropriate to say, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I've been waiting a long time to say this, given that I'm definitely one of those people who starts listening to Christmas music mid-October and I have no issue with Christmas decorations going up prior to Thanksgiving.  Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving and I certainly value a holiday set aside to be thankful, but I don't see why we can't have Thanksgiving dinner around the dining room table and the Christmas tree lights turned on the house at the same time. I mean, 'tis the season to be jolly! And 25 days just isn't long enough to celebrate the birth of Jesus, if you really want my opinion. Anyways, not sure what came over me to jump on this little soap box; I'll go ahead and climb off it now:)

Merry Christmas, Ya'll!

1 comment:

Tiffanylovesyou said...

I wanna hear your christmas cd right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...