We celebrated Crew's first birthday last night and let me tell you... it was one heck of a Thomas the Train party. Of course, Crew didn't have much clue as to what was going on, but us doting aunts, uncles and grandparents thought it was great! The picture above says a lot...
The cake lollipops were super tasty and quite fun to make. I think they turned out pretty cute. They couldn't be easier (or more full of sugar). I made these with red velvet cake and covered them in chocolate, but they're so versatile, I'll probably make them again really soon with a different flavor.
Crew with his new book.

Crew's cake was everywhere. The only bummer with this picture is that you can't see the razor stripes of icing that are running through his hair.
And then a Christmas miracle happened: We got about six inches of snow overnight! Crew had never been in the snow, so we bundles him up in anything we could find, including but not limited to: my snow suit (lavender) from 1984, ziplock baggies on this feet under his shoes (because he doesn't have snow shoes) and 3 layers of footie pajamas because my mom was so concerned with him getting sick. The kid was warm....no doubt. He LOVED the snow. Here are a few shots I got.
So far, not a bad start to Christmas:)
Lots of Love from Austin (err...Lubbock, rather)!










No comments:
Post a Comment