Well we're certainly not short on things to catch up on! It's been a very eventful last couple of weeks beginning with Dylan and I making the trek to Southern California for Sonya's wedding. This was our first trip back since our move in July...and I would be lying if I told you it wasn't nice to be back.
Sonya had a great wedding celebration full of family and close friends. We enjoyed being with the entire Mach clan before the wedding (something that doesn't happen often enough!), and of course, had a great time celebrating Sonya and Isaiah together. We got in some great visit time with the Christensons and thoroughly enjoyed our Thanksgiving with them. Dylan and I took full advantage of being semi-close to Orange County and took a road trip to Costa Mesa. We spent two great days seeing a lot of friends, which was much needed and very good for our souls! We were reminded of just how fortunate we are to have such a great community that supports us and loves us. We're so blessed and so very thankful. Of course, as luck would have it, I came down with "the stomach bug from hell" on the last day we were in OC. To say the least, I was sick, with a trip to the E.R. and all, and I'm totally ok if I never feel that way again. It was hor.ri.ble.
Now that we're back in Austin, I'm feeling a lot of different emotions. It's really odd to be in such a familiar place and then leave to return to a not so familiar "home". I've got so many mixed emotions, but I think the greatest I'm feeling is gratitude. I know we're past Thanksgiving and technically on to Christmas, but I'm finding it so important to sit with what I have, to really think about what I've been given, and be thankful. This is such a season of transition for Dylan and I. We're living in a totally new place, pursuing brand new dreams, and so unsure of what the future holds for us. BUT, we're not lacking... for the tangible or the non-tangible. It's easy to get caught up and focus on what I don't have, but I've been very impressed to focus on what I do have. Much.
Ok, a little different flavor from some of our other posts, but I think fitting because this is what's on my brain. I mean, that is the point of blogging isn't it?
lots of love from austin!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I heard you were sick too! I hope you are feeling better. I know exactly what you mean. I was sick for a week and it was hell, I don't know how you got on a plane!! Glad I got to see you two!
xoxo
Post a Comment