Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brain Overload

Here we go...

We know we're in good 'ol West Texas these days because: The ice cream truck has now driven down our street for the last two Sunday mornings, there was a traffic jam at Sonic during "happy hour" this week, and Dylan pulled out his white-wash Levi's and wore them to class on Friday.

Dylan is officially a Red Raider and is on a research project dealing with NASA and recycled pee.  Yes, pee...as in urine.  And yes, they are working to recycle it into drinking water.  No, I'm not kidding.  Technically, if I really wanted to, I could now introduce my husband to people by saying "this is my amazing husband, Dylan.  He drinks his pee."  But I would never do that... never ever.

My little sister, Lindsey, is engaged.  As if moving to Lubbock wasn't exciting enough, we are now planning a wedding:)

We are really enjoying being in Lubbock.  I honestly never thought I would hear myself say that, but we are.  I haven't felt this content in a long time.  However, when I have to miss things like one of my closest friend's wedding shower or dinner with my girlfriends, my heart sorely aches for Califoria.

I think I'll leave my blog's name as Lots of Love from Austin.  Just because.

Last week my mom and I flew to Dallas with Samuel to meet my sisters for a "girls weekend".  I took the opportunity to take a test flight with Sam before we fly to So Cal this week, and yes, I learned a couple of things.  One, bring a moby wrap... it's way too difficult to get through an airport without having your child strapped to you and Two, when flying Southwest Airlines with a baby, it's ok to be one of those awful persons that sits in the middle seat and puts her purse in the seat on the left and her diaper bag on the seat to the right (pretending like the seats are taken by passengers who are in the bathroom) and then ducks her head  to avoid the nasty stares.  I've always despised those people, but I'm officially one of them now.

I did it.  I cut my hair and I now look like a real-live bonafied mom.  I love it.

The other day I babysat my very energetic, 19 month old nephew for about an hour and also had Samuel.  In that hour I bribed him with ice cream to get out of the bathtub, let him play in the backyard naked because putting clothes on him seemed too hard, watched him step in dog poop and instead of washing off his foot off, just had him wipe it "real good" in the grass, and put him in Samuel's diaper instead of his own... all I can say is, that one hour felt like forty-two.

Football season begins this week and we are very excited.  This town is buzzzzzing over football.

We're headed to Orange County tomorrow to see a great friend get married.  So excited to see so many people we love and introduce them to Sam.  I'm already sad about leaving and we're not even there yet!

And last but not least, I'm pretty sure I have the best baby in the whole world.  Love this kid so much.  He's spoiling us rotten:)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm so glad that things are going well for you all! Nothing is better than being content in life!
It's not surprising that Sam is a great baby for you guys! He has great parents taking care of him! Can't wait to see a picture of your hair! I bet it's adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...