Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!


To celebrate Dylan's first Father's Day I suggested we go to the spa and get massages together (totally kidding, of course...Ok, maybe just kind of kidding...ok, i wasn't kidding at all), and his response was "no thank you".  Instead, he opted for church, The World Cup, burgers to go, The US Open, a nap and pie.  

No massage?  I don't get it.

 I called my dad today to wish him a Happy Father's day and asked what he was doing.  He was sitting on the back porch taking a break from the US Open and probably going to get a burger later.

For some reason I don't think Mother's Day was quite this relaxed.

Thankful for the low-key, no-drama, mellow men in my life.  
They definitely balance out the high-maintenance, drama women in their lives.  
And certainly make us all a little better.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

That is such a cute card! Did you make that for Dylan? Hahaha, and yes you are right - Father's Day is so much more mellow than Mother's Day, and that is probably for the best ;)

Michael Cook said...

I love you Dylan. I can't wait to be a dad, simply for these kinds of days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...