Tuesday, June 29, 2010

These Words

Tomorrow we will meet Samuel.  After seeing my doctor today, she feels it's best to induce me in the morning and "get this baby here soon".  I'm feeling a lot of emotions and I know it wold be impossible to put them all down in writing.  Right now I can't help but feel a little anxious and overwhelmed in the midst of my excitement.  , I fight the urge to wonder if I've done enough to prepare for him.  Am I physically, emotionally, mentally ready for him to be here?  Have Dylan and I done enough as just the two of us?  Can I possibly love this child as much as I want to?  Will I be the mom I've always hoped to be?  Oh man, I could go on and on...

But more than anything, I'm overcome by a sense of peace and thankfulness.  I'm just simply overwhelmed by the gift of this healthy child and blessed by how good this pregnancy has been and thankful for how Dylan and I have been shaped by this season of waiting for our baby.

As we get ready to meet him, my heart is impressed by these words:

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever.  I will sing to Lord for He has been good to me.  He alone is able to do infinitely more than we could ever imagine or ask for.  I will praise my God, for He has done great things for me."  
psalm 13, 118 and ephesians 3

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm praying you have a safe and speedy delivery! You guys are going to be great parents!! Can't wait to see pictures of little Samuel

A Day in the Life of Mrs. Malone said...

Calli! I have known you since 3rd grade and there is no doubt you will be a great mom! If you ever have a moment when you feel down about that just call me, I will change that real quick :)

Unknown said...

Oh, I love hearing your heart in this blog Calli...you will be all those things and more to little Samuel because it will be CHRIST in you...Thank God for His living and moving in us...

I love you and am so proud of your courage and faith in this season, friend. I can't wait to hear what this new season with Samuel brings!

I am using every portal of communication to contact you without calling you right now because I know it is too late to call...so in the last five minutes, I have texted, facebooked, and blog commented...The point is: I am so happy for you! I will give you a call in the morning friend, because I have a feeling you will be up...(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...